Sunday, February 15, 2009

Way Over My Head

Okay. Since my daughter set me up with this blog, I've only posted one time. That was the time she had everything set on the computer and all I had to do was type. Then I came home. And have not since been able to add to it. The main (and only) reason was that I couldn't find it again. Apparently I couldn't remember the title...and my password...and the website.

Hubby and I were out to dinner with some people one night and the conversation turned weird like it often does with people we know. Not sure why that is, but it's happened enough times that we can't blame it on the other people anymore. Anywhooo, the phrase 'death in progress' was blurted out (by whom I really can't remember so I'm taking credit for it) and I thought it was a perfect title for a book. Someday I really will write that book, but in the meantime, thought I would use it for this blog, but would have to explain that everything is actually about moving toward death of some sort...even if one is a Christian and has everlasting life, there still has to be a physical death. Youngest Daughter, however, pointed out I would have to continually explain the title or risk being thought of as dark and dreary with everything being about dying. Hence "life...in progress" since we are all about life as well as death. Is that deep or what!?!?!

This info is not just random. I shared it because I intended to change the name of "life...in progress" but it wouldn't change when I told it to (not unlike the way my children responded when told to not cuss, not smoke, not drink, not be disrespectful, not leave dirty clothesdishestowels laying around their rooms). No matter how many ways I tried, it just wouldn't change titles. I guess "Waiting for the Next Shoe" stays.

So...life is happening whether we want it to or not. Even the other day when I ran into Starbucks to get a berry chai tea infusion (hot) and never got one sip. Youngest Daughter was waiting, along with Newest Grandbaby, Noa, in the car. Giving a stab at being tidy, I grabbed our Starbucks cups from the that morning and tossed them in the trashcan near my car. A little later I went to drink my tea and discovered I had YD's cold vanilla latte. I had thrown out my brand new berry chai tea. You know, I mentally tasted that tea all afternoon long. I kinda wanted it when I ordered it, but REALLY wanted it when I discovered I had thrown it away.

Bottom line, technology...and life...is sometimes way over my head. I should feel insecure about that, but I'm either too deep or not deep enough to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment