Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In Your Dreams....

So...I was asleep last night, peacefully minding my own business, when all of a sudden I found myself in a dream not of my choosing and not of my liking. You know those dreams where you wake up and really believe it happened because it was so real? There I was. My doctor was telling me that unfortunately I had lost kidney function and would have to go on dialysis until I could receive a transplant.

I really have to quit watching those House marathons.

When I awoke, I jumped out of bed...ok so I slowly crawled out of bed...and limped to the bathroom where I decided to pee and prove those doctors wrong. Good idea except I couldn't pee. Nothing. Nada. Panic rose and I nearly started crying. After all, here I was with failed kidneys and needing a transplant and had absolutely no notice to get used to the idea. Besides, I don't have time to be laid up recovering from major surgery like that.

Just before full-blown panic set in, I woke up enough to look at the clock and, as the fog slowly lifted from my brain, realized that I had been up just 30 minutes before to use the bathroom. Well of course I couldn't pee!!! I just did!!! Hallelujah!!! I was so excited about not having to get a transplanted kidney that I couldn't go back to sleep. I wandered into the kitchen and ate a handful of grapes and drank a glass of water (thereby assuring that I would be heading to the bathroom in another 30 minutes) and climbed back into bed.

I'm not sure what dream captured my subconscious, but it must have been non-medical. My perfectly fine kidneys and I enjoyed the rest of the night. Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment