Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Things About Me

Apparently people who do facebook are familiar with this. I don't do facebook and am not familiar, but saw my daughter do it on her blog. I guess you're supposed to have 25 but I'm not sure there are 25 things about me So... I'll keep adding to it until I get 25 or run out of me, which ever comes first.

1. I love to read. Have to have a book I'm into even if I don't have time to actually read it. And I keep a murder mystery going in the tape/cd player in my car.

2. I love, love, love my grandkids. They make the sun brighter, the grass greener, the air sweeter and all the rest of that hokey stuff, but...

3. I'm probably the least romantic person you could ever meet. I have trouble remembering birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

4. I require alone time. I really like taking my book into a restaurant and spending the meal by myself reading. And being the only one up late at night.

5. I used to cuss, then quit cussing, but have occasionally taken it up again. My grandson tells me I shouldn't because I really can't pull it off without sounding dorky.

6. I'm just now discovering that I am a good artist and have the potential to be a great one. and I'm loving the discovery.

7. If all three of my daughters like me at the same time, I consider it a great day and really don't wait for the next shoe to drop even though it always does.

8. I dearly love the chicken tortilla soup from Los Vaqueros. Not too hot but filled with flavor. I wonder if they would give me a free bowl if they knew about this free advertising....

9. I've also discovered I have no talents. They've been advertising tryouts here in Fort Worth for America's Got Talent and it briefly crossed my mind (certainly not in a serious way) that I should try out. I could do...and that's where my thoughts ended. I could do...what?

10. I've been told I'm a great friend even though most of the time I feel very much inadequete.

11. Whenever I get smug about having the willpower to eat healthy and start being holier-than-thou about it, someone sticks a molten chocolate volcano in the middle of the table and I'm one of the first ones to reach for a spoon.

12. I can be confident about any adversity, problem, health issue, etc. until 2 a.m. when the fears start to grow into overwhelming mountains and it sometimes takes a molten chocolate volcano (or 3 Hershey Kisses) to push them back down to manageable size.


13. When I am holding one of my sleeping grandchildren in my arms, peace prevails without any kind of chocolate. I can push everything aside and concentrate of that particular beautiful child and the wonder of what God can create out of our human messes and frailities.



More to come...I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment